The Northern Ireland Assembly and Business Trust (NIABT) works to forge links with, and promote the exchange of knowledge and information between, local businesses and parliamentarians in Northern Ireland and in Europe. Open to businesses from all sectors and of all sizes, the NIABT organises activities including breakfast briefings, educational visits, fellowships and seminars and an annual European visit.
- to provide Assembly Members (MLAs) with a better insight into how local businesses work, helping them to make informed judgements when reviewing Department policy and legislation relating to the local economy;
- to improve the business community’s understanding of how the Assembly and devolution work and how policy and legislation is developed.
Membership gives you:
- opportunities to participate in seminars on industry-related topics;
- a greater insight into how the Northern Ireland Assembly works and how you can get involved;
- links with Europe and the opportunity to learn about how European legislation affects you;
- the opportunity to travel to Europe;
- excellent networking opportunities with other businesses and MLAs.
Learn more about the work of the trust by watching the video below: