2016 NIABT President’s DinnerNIABT Board Members photographed with the Chinese Consul General at 2016 NIABT President’s Dinner
Claire Sugden MLA pictured with Ian Donaghey, Causeway Chamber President and other members of the ChClaire Sugden MLA pictured with Ian Donaghey, Causeway Chamber President and other members of the Chamber
Claire Sugden MLA visits Exorna for NIABT fellowshipWillie Oliver from Exorna hosted Claire Sugden at an NIABT fellowship visit at his Coleraine factory on 29th January 2016.
NIABT Brexit DebateOn Monday 16th November 2015, the NIABT, in partnership with QUB, held the second of a two part event focusing on the upcoming EU Referendum and how this is likely to impact on Northern Ireland.
NIABT delegation visits Cardiff and SwanseaNIABT delegation visits Cardiff and Swansea as part of an educational programme in Wales.
Welcome to the NIABT website
The Northern Ireland Assembly and Business Trust (NIABT) works to forge links with and promote the exchange of knowledge between local businesses and parliamentarians in Northern Ireland and in Europe. Open to businesses from all sectors and of all sizes, the NIABT organises activities including briefings, educational visits, fellowships and seminars and annual programmes in the Houses of the Oireachtas, Westminster and Europe.
- to provide Assembly Members (MLAs) with a better insight into how local businesses work, helping them to make informed judgments when reviewing Department policy and legislation relating to the local economy;
- to improve the business community’s understanding of how the Assembly and devolution work and how policy and legislation is developed.
Membership gives you:
- A greater insight into how the Northern Ireland Assembly works and how you can get involved.
- Opportunities to participate in seminars on industry-related topics.
- Excellent networking opportunities with MLAs and other businesses.
- Links with other legislatures and the opportunity to learn how legislation that originates elsewhere has an impact on you.